All current photographic high risk work (HRW) licences, regardless of which state or territory they were issued in, are recognised nationally.
Therefore, if you have a current photographic HRW licence from a state or territory other than Queensland, you can still legally conduct high risk work in Queensland.
Current photographic nationally recognised licences must be renewed every five years. To renew your current interstate licence to a Queensland licence you must:
- have a Queensland residential address
- have a fly in-fly out work arrangement
- live within 100 km of the border.
Convert your interstate licence
All old style non-photographic and non-renewable HRW licences must be converted to photographic and renewable licences that are recognised nationally.
Convert expired interstate HRW licences
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is unable to renew expired interstate licences to national renewable photographic high risk work licences as prescribed under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (PDF, 2.53 MB).
To renew, contact your original state of issue regarding the validity of your certificate or licence and notify them of your current address prior to making application.
Current interstate HRW licences
Holders of high risk work licences issued interstate who move to Queensland can renew their licence in Queensland.
A HRW licence is valid to be renewed in Queensland if it:
- is photographic
- is issued in an Australian state or territory
- expires within three months of the date of application for renewal.
Please note – If your licence is issued interstate and is non-photographic it may not be eligible to be renewed in Queensland. Please contact WHSQ on 3828 3115 before lodging an application.
- 100 points of identification
- a passport photo
- a completed application form (PDF, 596 kB)
- a copy of your interstate issued HRW licence
- fee of $74.95 provided either in cheque, money order or for applicants paying by credit card or BPay relevant contact details so a licensing processing officer can contact you to with details of how to make payment.