Fasten equipment securely on journeys to prevent accidents:
- Outriggers (whether hydraulic or manual), must be secured with a locking device and stowed in a travelling position to prevent movement.
- Loose components (such as pipes, couplings and tools etc), must be stowed in appropriate storage areas outlined in standards on safe loads on road vehicles (e.g. Load Restraint Guide (2003) ISBN 0664 329319).
- Disengage all drives to hydraulic pumps (for operating the concrete pump), boom and/or outriggers, and, put the controls in the OFF position.
- Boom restraint should be placed according to manufacturer¿s instructions and should ensure there is no unintended movement of the boom.
- Air operated devices for 'Engage' and 'Disengage' of 'power takeoff ' (PTO) drives must be of an approved type and brand, and must have a positive feel for the 'In' and 'Out' position with a warning light when engaged (if able to be operated independently).
Check in detail the responsibilities to prepare for road travel from Section 4.3.6 of the Concrete Pumping Code of Practice 2005.